First Smartphone With 4K Ultra HD Recording Capability
Acer just announce Liquid S2 Smartphone, it’s first smartphone with 4K Ultra HD recording capability. Acer didn’t mentioned details about exact resolution, so we don’t know if it is 4K UHD – H264 (3840 x 2160), 4K UHD – Prores (3840 x 2160) or 4K Cineform (4096 x 2304). Anyway to record at 4K UHD you need a lot of storage so first you should buy a sizable microSD card. Moreover, as the Liquid S2 6-inch IPS display resolution is “only” 1920 x 1080 pixels with 368 PPI you cannot view 4K on it. Don’t understand me wrong: the display is very good for a smartphone but less than 3840 x 2160 pixels required for viewing a 4K. The good news is that you can use a TV 4K Ultra HD to watch your 4K videos recorded with Acer Liquid S2. The Liquid S2 will be available at the end of October. Acer Liquid S2 price will be over 1100USD.
Built with a 6-inch full HD screen with IPS technology, extremely fast connectivity including 4G LTE and the new Wi-Fi 802.11 ac standard, it is also the world’s first smartphone with dual speakers powered by Dolby Digital Plus for a stunning sound experience.
The Liquid S2 is designed with soft curves, a striking red metal receiver mesh and metallic ring highlighting the 4 LED ring flash for low light and macro capturing. The curved glass surface creates an edgeless feel around the rim, while the use of Gorilla Glass 3.0 boasts native damage resistance, making it stronger and more resistant to scratches from daily usage. Furthermore, Zero Air Gap Display removes the air between the touch panel and LCD module which thereby provides improved tactile sense and reduced reflection boosting readability even in sunlight.
The Liquid S2 comes loaded with several camera enhancements including BSI Sensors and LED Ring Flash for sharper pictures, even in low light environments; “Favorite” Mode which lets users create up to five profiles with customized effects, flash, capture modes and scenes; and Exposure Control with one finger focus and exposure adjustment for clear and bright shots.
ACER Liquid S2 Smartphone Features and specs
Display 6″, full HD (1,920 x 1,080), 368 PPI, IPS
Main camera 13 MP auto-focus, f2.2, 28 mm lens, BSI sensor, LED ring flash, 4K video
Front camera 2 MP, f2.2, 24 mm lens, 88° wide angle, BSI sensor, 1080p video
Processor: Quad-core 2.2 GHz
Storage / memory: 16 GB / 2 GB
Battery: 3300 mAh, non-replaceable Li-polymer battery
Dimensions: 166 x 86 x 8.99 mm,
Network: 4G: 800/1800/2600 3G: 900/2100 2G: 850/900/1800/1900
Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth® 4.0, GPS+GLONASS, NFC
Sensors: Light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, digital compass, gyro
Operating system: Android™ 4.2.2
Acer features: Acer Float UI, Acer HD Channel, Acer Docs and Acer Remote Files, Acer
Data Traffic Manager, Acer Float Caller, Acer Float Apps
(maps/notes/camera/calculator), Acer Live Screen™, Acer Print, Acer
Additional features: Skitch, YouTube™, Moodagent, Polaris Office, Swype text input, Google
Keep, Evernote®, wireless display, Dolby Digital Plus
The Liquid S2 is loaded with several enhancements to capture reality:
• BSI Sensors and LED Ring Flash: Sharper pictures in any environment
• Video Recording: 4K Ultra HD, fast full HD 1080p 60FPS, 4 x slow motion
• Full Panorama Pictures: Up to 27-megapixels in a single picture
• Quick First Shot: Take picture right from unlock the screen with automatic center-focus by tapping any location on the screen
• Smart Best Shot: Automatically detects photo type and takes multiple shots for best selection
• Tag Widget: Convenient photo browsing with scene tag.
• Favorite Mode: Create up to five profiles with customized effects, flash, capture mode and scenes
• Exposure Control: One finger focus and exposure adjustment
• Freehand Capture: Crop out anything on the screen using hand or a digital pen
• Live Screen™: Share ideas and journey through pictures and scribble